Philips Norelco 1290x/40 Electric Shaver Review
Once in a while a shaver comes along which has all the winning features to make it a market leader. The Philips Norelco 1290x/40 SensoTouch 3D Shaver seems to fit the bill.
This shaver has a metal body with a rubberized grip and has a stylish, yet functional look. The Norelco 1290x/40 can be used for both wet and dry shaving. This is suitable for those who use shaving creams, lotions or those who like to shave in the shower.
The shaver works with the same efficiency under all surface conditions, whether it be dry or wet. The model is relatively quiet and the only noise you hear is the high pitched noise of the blades rotating at high speed.
This shaver also has one of the longest battery life’s, it works for a full 60 minutes on one charge. It takes only 60 minutes to be fully charged once more by using an ergonomically designed charging stand.
Since 1290x/40 heads are designed to have a lot of flex, you need much less pressure on your face plus fewer strokes to achieve a close shave. Philips have backed this shaver with a full two year warranty. In addition to this Philips offers a 45 day money back guarantee. Try it and if you do not like it for any reason, just return the shaver and get your refund.
What will you like about the Philips Norelco 1290x/40 SensoTouch 3D Shaver?
- Can be used in either wet or dry conditions for a close, smooth shave.
- Long battery life and short charging time. Even after a week of daily shaving, there is still charge left. Even when the battery charge is low, the blades work at the same speed. This versatility makes it great for regular shavers.
- Since the razor head flexes a lot, only minimum pressure need be exerted on your face. It also flexes easily so you need only fewer strokes to complete the shave. As a result there is less irritation on your skin and it will keep you looking your best.
- It is easy to clean the razor head. Just soak it in hot water for about 30 seconds, pop out the heads and rinse.
- It has a very functional LED display for power on/off, power level indicator, cleaning indicator, clogged head indicator, head replacement indicator plus the travel lock feature.
- These useful features ensures that the Senso Touch 3D looks after itself with only minimal effort on your part.
The Philips Norelco 1290x/40 SensoTouch review
The Philips Norelco 1290x/40 Senso Touch 3D Shaver delivers on the manufacturers claims. The battery life is indeed long. Even with daily use it lasted a week and had more than 20% residual power left in the battery, and the battery only requires 60 minutes to fully charge.
The shaver needed to be pressed against the skin only gently and though, at times, you might feel as if it is not working, it was efficiently doing its job.
The shaving experience was comfortable and it gave a close shave, and the easy to clean design proved to be really useful when pressed for time.
The LED display is highly functional and easy to read. At around $230 plus, it does not come cheap however. The heads have to be replaced after two years use and they too cost quite a bit.
The Norelco 1290x/40 can only be charged on the stand and when your battery is due for a change, you cannot plug it in directly to the power source as a standby. The trimmer was easy to use and functional.
What are customers saying about the Philips Norelco 1290x/40 SensoTouch shaver?
Most of the customers were happy with its performance, but one or two users complained it was pricey. Of course, pricey is largely defined by the individual and you may be willing to spend more to get what you want.
One customer said that it stopped working after one use, but it was promptly replaced by Amazon and the replacement worked just fine. This is no doubt a manufacturing defect which all products suffer from every now and then.
Most customers liked the close and comfortable shave it gave, and the easy to clean aspect of the shaver was a big plus point with users too. Many users liked the looks as well as the balanced feel of the shaver, however one or two users said that it took practice to get used to the trimmer so keep that in mind.
The Philips Norelco 1290x/40 Senso Touch 3D shaver has many plus points, not least of which are the close, comfortable shave, long battery life, easy cleaning of the heads and functional LED display.
Regardless of the other features, the ease of use certainly puts it as a front runner among electric shavers. It may be costlier than other models, but for its functionality and performance, it is well worth the money spent and is a highly recommended purchase, so much so that it went straight into my Top 10 Best Shaver list as soon as it was released, you can checkout where it ranks on THIS PAGE